So, tomorrow is the big day. Parenthood day! Which also means… NEW UPDATE! What? So, yeah that’s why I’ve been chilling back. I figured since little Derek is still a tot, that I can start this legacy with the Parenthood GP.
Anyway, jesslb293 of The Zane Legacy and bookloverblue both have nominated me for the Liebster Award. Thank you sooo much guys for all the love and support. Since Jess nominated me first, I will be answering her 11 questions.
So, there are some rules (apparently) that goes with this award.
- Say thank you to the person who has nominated you for the award.
- Answer the 11 questions the person has asked you.
- Nominate people (comment on their blog to let them know).
- Ask the people you have nominated 11 questions.
And again, thank you so much Jesslb293 for the nomination.
- What is your favorite snack food? Sooo, my favorite snack food is Oreos! Especially with a large glass of milk. I also anything that I can get my grubby hands on during the day when I get snacky. HA!
- If you could only read one genre of book for the rest of your life, which one and why? Geee thanks. I am a reader. I read 3-5 books a week. This is like asking if you could only ever eat one type of pizza with one topping what would it be? Soooo many choices…. A part of me wants to say romantic/erotica and the other part of me wants to say sci/fi and Fantasy. GAH! But if I have to choose I would choose Sci/fi and Fantasy because some of my all time favorite books are in that genre. I love to reread sooo many books in this genere, it would be a travesty if I couldn’t. Good thing I don’t have to live with this decision.
- If a time traveler showed up on your doorstep and said they would take you to see the building of one historical monument, would you accept, which one would you see, and why?
Well, he really wouldn’t have to ask me to go. He’d just have to say:
So, I am a HUGE Doctor Who fan. That being said, if the Doctor was said Time Traveler, well, there’d be no question. I’d be on that TARDIS in a second.
As for the historical monument, I’m not sure if this really applies, but I would want to see the Globe Theater being built (both the original and then the one that was built in 1997 as a replica of the original which was destroyed in the 1600s). As someone who has studied English Literature, and knowing the importance of that place in literature…yeah, no question I would love to travel back to when the Globe Theater was being built…and then travel a little more into the future to see a live performance of Shakespeare’s Much Ado About Nothing.
- Is there a trope or effect in Movies/TV that you find extremely annoying? Lens flare (I’m looking at you, JJ Abrams). I can’t stand Lens Flare, and it’s not even in films. I hate it even more when it’s used in video games, like Fallout 4. It’s irritating. I usually turn that setting off with video games.
- Favorite Sims feature of all time(thus far)?
I hate this question. I’ve been playing the Sims since it’s original release in 2000. There is a LOT of “features” that have come (and gone) in all 4 games. I remember how huge Hot Date was back in the first Sims. Then in Sims 2, University was a thing that made me overly excited. So much, I hardly left those college worlds. Sims 3… I can’t even decide if I loved Ambitions or Isla Paradise more. (I vacation on a houseboat in RL, so that was a huge thing for me). And I KNOW tomorrow’s GP is going to be my absolute favorite thing for Sims 4. (Kind of why I was waiting to put this post off until Parenthood came out.)
So, how do I answer this? All time favorite…
- Would you rather be good at math or good at language(of your choosing of course)?
Language, and I would absolutely love to be able to know French (even if I live in California, and should know a speck of Spanish. I don’t.)
- What drives you to write/create? Writing is the biggest passion of mine other than reading. I’ve been creating my own stories since even my mother could remember. My grandmother at one time had saved my writing when I was like eight or nine. I cannot stop. Writing puts me into a trance. When I can’t sleep, I write because my mind calms down when I get the voices out of my head.
- Is there something you are really excited for? Yup, Parenthood GP! Hahaha. Actually there’s also the Louden Swain concert that I am (hopefully) going to in a couple of weeks. And getting my first teaching position this year. I am looking, and applying, so I hope to find a job.
- On average how many internet tabs do you have open? If only one, how many programs do you have open at once? Ten to fifteen tabs, at the very least. Usually they are all video game related and at least one Facebook tab open to talk to my friends.
- Most inspiring/insightful thing you’ve ever read/heard?
- The ultimate question! The question to end all questions! Not answering may drive you insane!!! Can I have a hug?
Um, so I only read a handful of simlit blogs. They are all very popular, and I am more than certain they ALL have been nominated at least once (but after doing a search on the forums and their blogs, and not finding such things I will nominate them.) But if you have been nominated before, sorry.
Pammiechick – author of Day and Knight. (If you have not read this, GO READ IT NOW! It will kill you in the feels, but it’s so goood!)
Maladi777 – author of the Heffner Legacy (Kellogg makes an appearance in Generation 4.)
Trip – author of No Stars Over Uptown (Seriously, I cannot get enough of Axel and Thu’s drama.)
CitizenErased14 – author of Ashes to Ashes (I’m doing this, because Citizen really needs a virtual hug and support. Go read Ashes to Ashes. It is my small addiction.)
Nicole1011 – author of Build Newcrest: The Eastman’s (Nicole is a very close friend of mine, and I love her, and I know she hasn’t gotten this award, so at least I have to force her to do something that I know she’ll love/hate me for. LoL. Love you, Nicole!)
Miadarkdecider – author of Burnt Sugar on Tumblr. (If you like colorful sims, then this is the Simblr to follow!)
What brought you to writing simlit? And how long have you been writing simlit?
What’s your favorite way to de-stress during the evening?
What stereotype in movies/television/video games annoys you the most? Why?
Who or what is your muse? Why?
What fandoms are you currently in, if any? Who are your ships in those fandoms? (they can also be simlit fandoms – Chuck knows we have plenty!)
(Stealing this from Jess) Most inspiring/insightful thing you’ve ever read/heard?
How long have you been playing the Sims?
Other than Sims, do you play other video games? Which ones?
What is your favorite book that you go back to re-read over and over again?
What is your favorite Sims mod or custom content?
And lastly, and this is important…. Pepsi or Coke?